The mission of Bertelsmann Stiftung’s Global Economic Dynamics (GED) project is to contribute insights and orientation for the general public, professionals and policymakers toward a fair and sustainable integrated world economy.
We identify some of the most important trends which will shape the future course of globalization, analyze their economic as well as political implications, and deduce recommendations to improve the capacity of national, regional, and international institutions to deal with them.
Our focus is on new
- technological developments (“Digitization and Innovation”)
- patterns of international trade and investment (“Trade and Investment”)
- and the integration of national economies (“Globalization”).
Across these three topics, we
- produce our own research (“GED Publications”),
- review important contributions of other scholars or think tanks (“GED Reads”),
- illustrate complex interrelations through stories (“GED Videos”),
- and facilitate face-to-face and virtual dialogue (“GED Events”).
Since we are based in Germany, the opportunities and challenges of global economic dynamics to the German social market economy and the European Union lie at the heart of our work.
But as the study of globalization would be incomplete without paying close attention to the interactions of major economies, we also look at what is going on beyond Europe’s borders.